Interview: Nick Copeland
Updated: May 12, 2021
Nick Copeland, MA, CPP
email@example.com +1 305 907 7007
Nick Copeland, is the founder and Managing Partner of the specialist extractive industry risk consultancy, Above Ground Risk Solutions (AG-RS LLC). He has over twenty years of experience in political risk, resilience and project security & social risk mitigation. This includes various commodity groups, project development stages and field work in over 15 countries, including:
• 2021 political risk and scenario analysis for major copper producer in Peru & Chile
• Small scale mining engagement strategy validation for gold mine in Suriname
• Early warning risk analysis support to mines operation in southern Mexico, Peru & Patagonia
• Overseeing security risk management team for global oil service company, across Mexico
• Use Of Force, Human Rights Training and Public Security assessment for gold mines in Peru
• Social license assessment and stakeholder mapping for feasibility stage mine in Patagonia
• Acquisition assistance & above ground risk due diligence for purchase of a major coal company in Colombia, with complex stakeholder issues and alleged human rights breaches
• Strategic risk assessment, stakeholder mapping and contingency plan development at major mine during critical construction phase, in Guatemala
Nick developed his project management skills while working as a Management Consultant in Change Management, at Accenture. He also served in British Army with HAC regiment, part of 1st Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance Brigade.
Academically he graduated with a Master in Languages & European Politics, from Edinburgh University and is board certified in security & risk management (CPP) by ASIS International. He is based from Miami having resided in Argentina, Haiti & Mexico over the preceding years following relocation from London in 2008.
His focus? Helping ensure that high impact projects do more good than harm.
Any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org